Blog - Latest News
You are here: Home / WEATHER WARNINGS HAVE BEEN ISSUED BY THE MET OFFICE. / News / WEATHER WARNINGS HAVE BEEN ISSUED BY THE MET OFFICE.
https://astleyanddunley.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/astley-and-dunley-logo.png 0 0 Roger https://astleyanddunley.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/astley-and-dunley-logo.png Roger2021-06-13 13:20:522021-06-13 13:20:52WEATHER WARNINGS HAVE BEEN ISSUED BY THE MET OFFICE.
Yellow warning of thunderstorms
Areas affected: East Midlands | East of England | London & South East England | North East England | North West England | South West England | Wales | West Midlands | Yorkshire & Humber
Starts: 18:00 BST on Wed 16 June
Ends: 06:00 BST on Fri 18 June
Some places are likely to see thunderstorms later Wednesday through to Friday with the potential for travel disruption and flooding.
– There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail and strong winds
– Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services
– Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
– There is a small chance that some communities become cut off by flooded roads
– There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost
Issued at: 10:22 BST on Sun 13 June
Thanks to Vicky at Midlands Storm Chasers U.K